If you are looking something fun to do this summer for you and your family, consider heading to a water park! Below is a list of the top water parks to visit in New York this season! Make sure to take full advantage of a day in the warm summer sun!
They have attractions for everyone! If you prefer to float along the lazy river, or slip and slide down fast thrill seeking rides, these park have you covered! Plus, they have amazing play areas for toddlers to spend their time playing away!
- Roseland Waterpark in Canandaigua: This is the largest water park in the Finger Lakes Region! It has 56 acres of pure aquatic fun for you to explore. They do offer free parking, concessions, certified lifeguards to watch over, and more. One of the most thrilling rides is The Cliff, it drops riders 65 feet and you get up to a speed of 30 mph! They also have a huge area for little kids to play in, wave pools, lazy river and so many more slides and attractions. You can even buy water balloons and volleyball.
- Zoom Flume, East Durham: Each ride shows the height requirement needed to be able to ride on them! These slides are not for the faint! Gravity Gorge, is the world's largest water park zip line! It extends almost 800 feet long and is over 100 feet high. You will have an adrenaline rush for sure once you get off. They also have many slides of all kids, activities for kids, lounging areas and more.
- Enchanted Forest Water Safari in Old Forge: This is an amusement park and water park combined. You can choose from more than 50 rides and attractions. They truly have attractions for every age group from little kids to adults. You can even take your kids to see storybook themed characters, a circus, and so much more. This is a highly rated park to visit this year.
- Pier 51 Playground New York City: This is a perfect place to take little kids to play in the water. They have fun water activities for little kids to splash in.
- Splish Splash Calverton: This water park has it all, tube, body and coaster slides, lazy river, kids activity area and so much more. Hop on the Bootleggers run, it is a four man raft, that goes uphill, and flies like a roller coaster through the slide!
- Thunder Island, Fulton: This park is truly a fun place to visit for the day, to keep busy and have fun. Climb up to the 42 foot tower and slide down Thunder Rush slide for a thrilling experience. You can choose from many water slides, and they have fun rides for the kids.
- Cascades Indoor Water Park, Cortland: This is an indoor water park with perfect 84 degree weather all year round! This is a great place to visit when the weather outside isn't cooperating! They do recommend calling ahead to ensure they have room, as they can reach their capacity pretty easily.
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark, Queensbury: Splash around at the Six Flags water park! You can spend your day playing, and then relaxing in a room that you rent! This is such a beautiful place and your kids will absolutely love it. They have an onsite arcade, interactive gaming systems and more. With the indoor water park your kids can spend hours splashing around and going down water slides.
- Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, Batavia:This is another indoor water park for you to enjoy on the days when the weather isn't wanting to cooperate! You can let your kids play with the interactive water activities, shoot was water basketball hoops, and more. Nice little area to play around!
- Seabreeze Amusement Park, Rochester: This is an amusement park and water park. So you have the option to do one or the other. Helix is a really popular water ride, where you plunge thru four stories of pitch black tunnels. Then you fly into a gigantic bowl, where you ride through a really fast path! The soak zone is a great place to play in the water, they have mini slides for kids and more.
- SplashDown Beach, Fishkill: America's Biggest Little Waterpark! This is a great place to take the family for a day out. They have the Shipwreck Lagoon, it is a pirate themed area where the little ones can play with water activities. They have a monster pool if you want to hit some waves and so so much more.
- Water Slide World, Lake George: This is a family owned water park. Tons of speed slides and adventures to embark on! They have a really fun Pirate Cove for the little kids to stay entertained, from dumping buckets, spraying jets and more.
- Splashtown, Darien Lake: Whether you take a plunge down the Brain Drain, race down the RipCurl, relax on Flotation Station, or watch the kiddos explore Hook's Lagoon, there is something for everyone at Darien Lake's Waterpark, Splashtown! We have easily spent the entire day at just the waterpark.