How to cash out of Savingstar before November 30th Shutdown
If you have not yet heard, SavingStar will shut down on November 30, 2020, which means we will be seeing little to no new offers in our accounts. The new cashback savings program will be run through the Coupons.com app and for a limited time you can cash out any balance you have in Savingstar before it is gone. Here’s how.
How To Get A Credit In The Amount of Your Current Cash Balance in Savingstar Before Shutdown
Savingstar customers can follow these steps by November 30, 2020, to get a one-time balance transfer to the Coupons.com app. Note that you must have a Paypal account in order to receive a payout.
- Download the new Coupons.com app.
- Sign in to your Coupons.com account, or sign up if you don’t have one.
- Once signed in to the app, click the yellow person symbol in the upper right-hand corner. Then click the “Edit account information, Paypal” section under your email address.
- Link your PayPal account to your Coupons.com account.
- Activate at least one of the new cashback offers on the Coupons.com app.
- Log into your SavingStar account, and scroll down to the “Pay Out Your Balance” section. Submit this form, which will ask you to provide your email address for your Coupons.com and PayPal accounts.
- You’ll get a credit from Coupons.com in the amount of your final balance to your PayPal account by December 31, 2020.
For many years I have loved the Savingstar app, so I am sad to see it go! However, the new Coupons.com app will also allow us to earn money back just as we did with the rebate offers. It promises to be even better too!
Here are some of the features we can expect from the new and improved Coupons.com cashback savings program.
- You can use the Coupons.com app at ANY retailer that provides itemized receipts.
- Easily link your store loyalty cards for automatic cashback, skipping the whole upload receipt process! There are thousands of stores to choose from, and this includes linking your Tops Markets BonusPlus card and Wegmans Shoppers Club card! I’ve already received cashback from my Tops purchases!
- Skip the receipts and link your store loyalty cards for automatic cash back (1,000s of stores to choose from).
- Cash-out with NO minimum balance — your money will go straight to PayPal*, and you can grab it whenever you need it.
- PLUS, you’ll have access to thousands of printable coupons and coupon codes on the Coupons.com website, saving you even more on everything you need from breakfast to bedtime.
Sounds like if your balance was over $20, you’d automatically get it paid to you. I never received any notification that SavingStar was shutting down and now trying to see if I can salvage any of my SavingsStar balance, which I think was less than $20.
I’m not sure how they are handling requests now as the deadline was back a few months. Good luck – I hope you can still receive your money back!
I just read my email that Savingstar sent me on the day they were closing. I had almost 300.00 in my account and I am trying to figure out how I can get paid out, since they are closed.
You can try emailing them or creating a ticket through this link here: https://support.coupons.com/s/contactsupport
They sent me the notification a while ago, so if they waited to send it to you on November 30th that stinks, especially since you have such a large amount. I hope you will be able to get that money back! Good luck! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
SavingStar was great and wish it wasn’t going away or being absorbed. I don’t have a cell phone, so I am basically SOL. Coupons.com has no way to redeem rebates unless you have a cell phone…UNHAPPY
I do think Savingstar was a great program! While I have a Paypal account, many out there do not, so that stinks as being the only option to get a payout. Plus as you said, if you do not have a smartphone you can’t download the app to get the offers. I’m sorry the new way of saving won’t be possible for you Sandy!
Anyone else having difficulty linking your PayPal account to Coupons.com?
I’ve tried multiple times and keep getting same error message that says they’re having difficulty and to try again later. I have sent three messages for help and I’ve got nowhere with their customer service.
I just don’t want to lose the balance in my SavingStar account.
Hello! I did not have any trouble and my PayPal email is different than my Coupons.com email. I thought that might cause a problem but it didn’t. I am sorry you are not able to link your account. I will look into it more and see if I can find a better solution for you. Did you contact Savingstar customer service or Coupons.com?
Yes, I’ve reached out to coupons.com customer service 3 times now. I’ve sent screenshots of my information and the error message I get every time I’ve tried to link my PayPal account.
They tell me someone will contact me and then a few days later I get an email stating the ticket about this issue is closed! It has been very frustrating and it looks like I’m going to lose the balance in my SavingStar account.
I have had trouble contacting someone over at coupons.com before too, so I understand your frustration for sure! Did you fill out the form on this page: https://savingstar.com/coupons_com ? I wish there was some sort of confirmation that we will get our payout, and not have to wait and see possibly all the way until the end of the year! I only have $2 in my Savingstar account though. I hope that you get your payment, even though it has been a super frustrating process for you.