Places To Go Sledding In WNY
Due to the current COVID-19 health pandemic, playgrounds and parks may be closed or have limited hours. Please check with the locality to find out which parks are open and what limited activities they are allowing. Keep up to date on all the social distancing recommendations over at cdc.gov.
Looking for something fun to do with the kids and recent snowfall? Here is a list of places to go sledding in the WNY area. Use this extensive list to find a new place to explore with your family around Buffalo or Rochester!
Most of these locations are free and open to the public, however, a few may charge a fee (i.e. tubing venues).
Also, don’t forget to share this page with other friends and families!
If there is a place to sled that you don’t see on the list, please let me know in the comments below. I will be glad to add it!
In addition to the list, I have also linked to Google maps to help you quickly find the location.
Happy sledding Western New York!
- Arcade Town Park – off E. Main Street, Arcade NY
- Akron Falls Park – 44 Parkview Drive, Akron NY
- Amherst Middle School – small, kid-friendly hill at 55 Kings Highway, Amherst NY
- Delaware Park – Shakespeare Hill behind the casino at Delaware Park, Buffalo NY
- Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens – kid-friendly hill next to gardens at 2655 South Park Avenue, Buffalo NY
- Stiglmeier Park – 810 Losson Rd, Cheektowaga NY
- Genesee County Park and Forest – 11095 Bethany Center Rd., East Bethany NY
- Holiday Valley Tubing Park – 5673 Bryant Hill Road, Ellicottville NY
- Elma Meadows Golf Course and Park – 1711 Girdle Rd, Elma NY
- Beaver Island State Park – 2136 West Oakfield Road, Grand Island NY
- Gunther’s Hill – 83-101 Woodview Ave, Hamburg NY
- Holland Town Park – 3 Legion Dr, Holland NY
- Como Lake Park – 2220 Como Park Boulevard, Lancaster NY
- Lockport Town and Country Club – 717 East Ave, Lockport NY
- Reservoir State Park – 5777 Witmer Road, Niagara Falls NY
- Fairmount Park – 6812 Nash Road, North Tonawanda NY
- Chestnut Ridge Park – 6121 Chesnut Ridge Road, Orchard Park NY
- Clyde L. Burmaster (Bond Lake Park) – 2571 Lower Mountain Rd., Ransomville NY
*The Sledding Hill is limited to plastic sleds and inflatable tubes only.
**NOTE: This park is closed for sledding until further notice.
- Ellicott Creek Park – 1 Ellicott Creek Drive, Tonawanda NY
- Niawanda Park – 200 Niagara St, Tonawanda NY
- Sunshine Park – West Seneca NY
- Billy Wilson Park – 1290 Hopkins Rd, Williamsville NY
- Fort Niagara State Park – 1 Scott Avenue, Youngstown NY
- Northampton Park – 304 Salmon Creek Road, Brockport NY
- Mendon Ponds – 95 Douglas Road, Mendon NY
- Black Creek Park – 835 Union St., North Chili NY
- Ellison Park – 395 Richs Dugway, Penfield NY
- Powder Mills Park – 54 Park Road, Perinton NY
- Glacier Ridge Snow Tubing – 4618 Ridge Road West, Spencerport NY
- Webster Park – 255 Holt Road, Webster NY